Entry-Level Firefighter/EMT Recruitment Process
WRITTEN TEST & CPAT – April 15, 2023 Deadline
- The Enumclaw Fire Department partners with WA Fire Careers and accepts written test scores from National Testing Network (NTN) for our upcoming firefighter/EMT recruitment process. Apply on National Testing Network (NTN) or visit WA Fire Careers for more information.
- To be considered for hiring for the August 2023 recruit academy, an applicant must pass the written examination component between Novemeber 10, 2022 – April 15, 2023.
- There will be a minimum passing score of 70% to be considered for the interview process.
- Once you have completed the NTN written test component of the application process, your written score will be sent to Enumclaw Fire to be reviewed.
- The top group of candidates will be invited to move forward to the interview process.
- Candidates are required to complete the Public Safety Self-Assessment (PSSA) and Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ) through NTN prior to the application closing date, April 15, 2023.
- Candidates must pass the CPAT prior to the application closing date, April 15, 2023. Upload to the National Testing Network (NTN) document center.
- For further information contact National Testing Network (NTN) at 1-855-821-3761. NTN can provide additional information regarding the scoring process and the written and CPAT expiration dates for purposes of the testing process.
ORAL BOARD PANEL INTERVIEW – May 8-12, 2023
- Candidates will be invited to an oral board panel interview.
- If you are claiming veterans’ preference in accordance with RCW 41.04.010, you must upload the Veteran’s Declaration form and a copy of your discharge document (DD214) in the National Testing Network (NTN) document center prior to your oral board panel interview.
- There will be a 70% minimum passing score for the oral board panel interview.
- Candidates who are late to the oral board panel interview process will be withdrawn from further consideration in the entry level process.
CHIEFS INTERVIEW – June 5-9, 2023
- The number of candidates invited to participate in the chiefs interview from the eligibility list will be determined based on the number of position vacancies.
- Candidates will be placed on an eligibility list in rank order based on final examination scores and applicable veterans’ preference points.
- The eligibility list will be in effect for one (1) year and may be extended.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND PROCESS
- Offers of employment will be conditional upon successfully completing the pre-employment background process.
- The pre-employment background process includes a background investigation, physical ability test, drug test, psychological and medical examination.
RECRUIT FIRE ACADEMY
- Located at the South King County Fire Training Consortium (SKCFTC) in Kent, WA.